Things to do in North Wales
There’s plenty to do, from walking on the hills (from the doorstep) or a day on the beach to the many fantastic attractions. Here are just a few to whet your appetite.
- Gro-Cycles (link opens new window)
Gro Cycles is a local, family bike hire business located in the foothills of the Berwyn Mountains. They cater for a wide variety of customers, ranging from those seeking a leisurely bike ride around the beautiful Bala Lake/Llyn Tegid, to serious mountain bike enthusiasts
Horse Riding in North Wales (link opens new window)
The riding centre at Gwydyr Stables (formerly Ty Coch) was established in 1973 and offers a wonderful location for horse riding, pony trekking or extended day trail rides.
- Gro-fishing (link opens new window)
Llyn y Gro is the epitomy of scenic, peaceful and enjoyable coarse fishing. The lakes are lined with reeds/rushes as well as a few willow trees; the banks are flat and easy
- PEC Group Ltd
(link opens new window)
Buggies, 4x4's and an amazing off road driving experience
- Adventure Mountain (link opens new window)
Quad trails and karting, 10 minutes from all of our cottages. Bring the family for an adrenaline-fuelled day-out on Adventure Mountain.
- Get Wet the Adventure Company (link opens new window)
Get Wet provide a wide range of Outdoor Activities to suit everyone! Get wet currently has 2 public access high ropes courses and a paintball site! Climbing, high rope courses, paintballing, 4 x 4s, kayaking, canoeing and much more.
- Pro Adventure (link opens new window)
Activity company offering Climbing, Canoe/Kayak, Gorge walking, Bushcraft & Survival, White Water Rafting, Clay pigeon shooting, archery.
- MB Wales (link opens new window)
We have lots of fantastic mountain bike trails not too far from the cottages, or just ride the quiet country lanes from the doorstep. Bike hire available locally. Also found locally are spectacular all weather singletrack trail centres like Coed Y Brenin, Cwm Carn, Afan Forest Park, Coed Llandegla, Nant yr Arian and Gwydyr forest. DH and freeride hot spots or wild back country riding in the Black Mountains, Brecons and other beautiful areas.
- Sailing : Bala
- Wind-surfing : Bala
- Golf : Llangollen, Ruthin, Bala
- Zoos : Chester, Colwyn Bay
- Sealife Centres : Angelsey, Rhyl, Ellesmere Port
- Skiing : Trawsfynydd, Capel Curig
- Cruises : Llangollen canal, Trawsfynydd lake.
- Mountains : Clwydian Range, Snowdonia, Berwyns.
- Lakes : Bala,Vyrnwy, Brenig, Alwyn, Trawsfynydd, Snowdonia.
- Castles : Harlech , Conwy, Criceth, Denbigh, Beaumaris, Chirk, Penrhyn
- Gardens : Bodnant Conwy, Portmerion
- National Trust Houses : Erddig, Plas Newydd
- Mines : Slate Ffestiniog, Copper - Beddgelert
After staying in your cottages for the third time, I can not recommend enough the Cottages and the closeness of fantastic trails to any fellow mountain bikers. The friendly Llandelga 15 mins / The tiring Moel Famau near Ruthin 25 mins / The perfect Marin trail at Betws y Coed 20 mins / The awesome Coed y Brenin 30 min / and loads and loads of local trails. more »